Friday, December 26, 2014

Book Spot Promotions: On the Right Side by Karen Magill. This powerful book is on sale from December 25 - December 31, 2014. Do support this wonderful and brave author friend.








ELEVATOR PITCH

When Karen Magill woke to find herself partially paralyzed on one side of her body, she began a journey filled with twists and turns. From the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis to becoming an award-winning novelist, On The Right Side shows that a crisis can be a blessing.

AUTHOR BIO


Forced to leave the workforce in 2000 by the onslaught of MS, Karen saw this as an opportunity to explore her lifelong desire to write. In February of 2014, Karen independently published an inspiring story of her journey so far with MS entitled On The Right Side, My Story of Survival and Success.
Ms. Magill believes that anything is possible and when she writes fiction, she leans towards the paranormal. She writes about extrasensory powers as if they are commonplace because, in her mind, we are all capable of those gifts.
To date, Ms. Magill is the author of four published paranormal novels, including the award winning The Bond, A Paranormal Love Story.
Karen lives in an eclectic area of Vancouver Canada and draws inspiration from the history and stories around her. 


Contact and Buy Links
AMAZON


And here’s a FB group I have called On The Right Side:
On The Right Side group: http://goo.gl/LWZKme



EXCERPT

Introduction
 
I started to keep a journal after I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I did that for the first couple of years just so I would remember what that time in my life was like. And so that, maybe, one day I would write a book on it.  Well, the day to write that book is here.

I tried to write this book years ago but the time wasn’t right. Perhaps I didn’t feel I had accomplished enough to make my story worth reading. Or maybe it was because the emotions I recalled when reading and remembering were just too painful to relive. I know that as I write this book thirteen years after my major MS attack, I find tears near the surface and I have to take breaks from writing so that I don’t break down completely. The story you are about to read comes from my MS journal, my regular journal and my memory.

My philosophy is that as long as we aren’t six feet under and are on the right side of the ground, there is hope. We can make positive changes in our life, no matter where we are right now and what challenges face us.  On The Right Side, My Story of Survival and Success is not a book to tell you how to live your life. Deep down, you know how to do that, you have the strength to survive and flourish. I am going to give you my opinion on life events and tell you how I managed to get where I am today.  Maybe it will help you. Maybe it won’t. At the least, this could be an entertaining story for you.

This book is a blend of what I went through – and am still going through – how I deal with it and my views on matters that affect our society today. I am not an expert, just a person who is going through a difficult time and is learning as I go. Events unfold the way I remember them and some of the names have been changed.

So grab a cuppa of whatever you like, sit back and read on. Welcome to my journey.

Book Blog Promotions done by:
 

 

1 comment:

Book Review: Juror Number Ten by Caroline Taylor

Genre: Thriller/romantic suspense Bio:  Caroline Taylor is a novelist and short-story writer who grew up in the mountain west and traveled...